Beautiful and rare set of 12 silver dinner place settings from Liège.
The place settings are exquisite and clearly hallmarked with:
* City mark Liège ==> the mark also indicates who was the assayer. It was Constatin de Hoensbroek (1784-1792).
* Year letter I = 1792
* Master stamp A.F. = André Remacle Foret who worked between 1737 and 1798.
The place settings are in unusually good condition for their age (see the photos of prongs and the spoon bowls!)
One place setting lost it’s hallmarks due to restoration.
In my opinion, such a set is fit for a museum. (complete and rare set of 12 in excellent condition, full and clear Liège hallmarks)
Total weight 1442 grams, so sturdy.
- N° di oggetti
- Posata, Set con 12 coperti per la cena
- .934 argento
- André Remacle Foret - Luik - 1792
- Periodo stimato
- Fine XVIII secolo
- Paese d’origine
- In buone condizioni - usato, con piccoli segni dell’età.
- 1442 g