Amazing Ammonite Douvilleiceras from early Cretaceous of Madagascar.
This stunning specimen present:
1. Natural spines. The inner whorls present many large spines, totally natural, no restored. Spines are present in both sides of the ammonite.
2. Septum of the body chamber are visible. A painstaking preparation, many hours to remove all the matrix with extreme care as the shell is very fragile, make it possible, make visible all the hidden details of the internal structure.
3. Displaying an attractive array of vivid colours, inside the "mouth" and outside, throughout the nacre of the shell from reflective opal blues, glaucous greens and striking scarlet reds that transition to the keel of this now fossil shell.
4. Size. This specimen is a large one, 15 cm, and very thick, 7,5 cm. Very heavy, 1,6 kg.
Fantastic specimen, a "must piece" for all the Ammonite Lovers.
- Incredibile Ammonite con spine naturali e suture settali interne esposte
- Nome scientifico
- Periodo geologico
- GIURASSICO (145,0-201,3 milioni di anni fa)
- Buone condizioni