Antique Georgian marrow scoop
Scoop has engraved initial letter ' B '
Made in England, 1764
To accommodate the extraction of the marrow from the bone centers, silver spoons with a long narrow scoop
at one end were used, the earliest on record c 1690. These marrow spoons were quickly superseded by marrow
scoops, which had a large scoop at one end, and small scoop at the other - suitable to differing widths of bone.
Scoops were made only until the late 19th century.
Diameter x height: 23.2 x 2.3 x 1.6 cm
Weight : 44 grams
Condition : General wear and tear, good overall condition, please see pictures.
* Please note: bidders are responsible for paying any customs duties.
* All items are cleaned and inspected before being dispatched.
* Item will be safely and securely packaged and shipped within one to two working days.
* Shipping price includes express delivery service (one to two working days), full insurance, and packaging.
* Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screen colourations.
- Paletta antica georgiana per midollo
- .925 argento
- Periodo stimato
- Paese d’origine
- In buone condizioni - usato, con piccoli segni dell’età.
- 44 g