Antique Globe from approx.1865 published by Hachette et Cie in Paris. Edited for them by Vivien de Saint=Martin, well-known geographer during that period. The globe itself was made in Berlin by Ernst Schotte &Co. Apparently, these two firms collaborated successfully for a long time. It is remarkable that there was such a German-French connection during that period.
The globe is placed upright on a classic, turned wooden and black painted stand with base plate. The zero meridian passes through Ferro in the Atlantic Ocean, so that the Old World could be expressed entirely in positive coordinates.
Complete and original with only a few cracks on the seams, which is quite rare for the age.
The Globes of Ernst Schotte are distinguished by their beautiful and high-quality cartography. This quality is also quite obvious in this globe.
The photos are part of the description.
- Globo diam. Montante da 25 cm su supporto in legno.
- Carta su cartone, metallo e legno
- Designer / Artista
- M. Vivien de Saint-Martin voor Hachette & Cie te Parijs
- Produttore / Marchio
- Ernst Schotte & Co., Berlin
- Modello / nome
- Aardglobe op houten gedraaide standaard
- Periodo stimato
- c. 1865
- Paese d’origine
- Francia e Germania
- In buone condizioni - usato, con piccoli segni dell’età e macchie.
- 44×25×25 cm
- 2 kg