China, Perfect condition
With massive iron stand, very secure! The iron stand is a better, nicer and securer then the plastic stand!
The lively spirited horse covered in a pale red slip (very rare!)
Our Guarantee: The above item is guarantee to be of the time period and condition as described, has been exported legally and is legal to buy and sell under all international lows to cultural patrimony.
35 cm. long, high 40 cm. Rider 28 cm. Tang dynasty (618–907), Chang’an, Shaanxi province, China.
It is very rare to find any of these polo players with this pigment (the rider in three colors white, red and green) and the lively spirited horse covered in a pale red slip (very rare!)
- A certificate of authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Chinese pottery since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
- All items can be bought/sold legally under the cultural patrimony covering The Netherlands and are guaranteed to be as described, or else your money will be refunded.
- The result of the thermoluminescence test, is consistent with the dating of the item, Tang dynasty, 1350 years old. Sampling of 3 different points.
- Provenance: property of a Dutch gentleman; acquired in the 1990s. Amsterdam art market.
The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this lot.
It will be professionally packed and safely send in a wooden crate by FedEx.
Buyers are responsible for import regulation and restrictions of their own country
Becker Antiques is one of the most leading reputable antique dealers in the Netherlands. Becker Antiques is a name and place that speaks of excellent antiques and art, outstanding service and worldwide expertise. Founded in 1969 by Jan Simon Becker, Becker Antiques is based in Museum quarter, Amsterdam Oud-Zoud, in a magnificent five-floor townhouse build 1891, at a few minutes from “Rijksmuseum” (National Museum of Art), the Van Gogh Museum and the famous “Royal Concertgebouw”.
Becker Antiques main field covers ceramics – pottery funerary figures (dated from the Han through the Ming dynasties), Buddhist sculptures and other Chinese works of art. Our other sections are Asian works of art – concerns objects from Japan and South East Asian countries including bronze, stone and wooden sculptures, Chinese furniture from the Qing Dynasty and of course occasional other items.
For the last 51 years we have been selling antiques to museums, private collectors and dealers all over the world.
The seller of this lot hereby guarantees that this object was obtained legally. The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this object(s). The seller will take care that any necessary permits will be arranged. The seller will inform the buyer about this if this takes more than a few days.
Catawiki disclaimer: This piece has been dated based on a TL test. No further tests, such as, an analysis of pigments or radiography scans have been conducted to check the integrity of the piece.
- Dipinto a mano
- Dinastia Tang (618-907)
- Regione/paese d'origine
- Titolo dell'opera
- Painted Red Pottery Female Polo Player Astride a Galloping Horse, TL test, H- 40 cm.
- In ottime condizioni, vedi descrizione
- 28×35×0 cm