Original woodblock print diptych - Utagawa Ichiyotei Yoshitaki (1841-99) - Performance of the kabuki play "Katakiuchi Ganryûjima" 敵討巌流嶌 - Japan - 1862 (Bunkyû 2), 2nd month
Osaka (Kamigata) diptych of Utagawa Yoshitaki (歌 川 芳 滝, April 13, 1841 - June 28, 1899), also known as Ichiyōsai Yoshitaki (一 養 斎 芳 滝).
It is a Yakusha-e (役 者 絵), acting print, depicting several actors in a scene from a Kabuki theatre play.
They are the actors Arashi Rikaku II as Miyamoto Tomojirô (R) and Nakamura Sennosuke as Musashino (L), in the play "Katakiuchi Ganryûjima".
The diptych was published in 1862 (Bunkyû 2), 2nd month.
Yoshitaki ga (on the right sheet), Yoshitaki (on the left sheet) 芳 瀧 画 芳 瀧
Condition: fair to good, blotchy, normal signs of ageing, nice register (adjustment of the colour blocks on the mother block), Nishiki-e (錦 絵, "brocade print") or a multi-coloured woodblock print.
See Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/460800
The prints will be packaged with care and shipped registered by Bpost Tracking.
- Dittico originale con stampa xilografica
- Stampa a blocchi di legno policroma Nishiki-e (broccato)
- 1862 (Bunkyû 2), 2 ° mese
- Regione/ Paese d'origine
- Utagawa Ichiyotei Yoshitaki (1841-99)
- Yakusha-e (役 者 絵), foto dell'attore
- Titolo dell'opera
- Performance of the kabuki play "Katakiuchi Ganryûjima" 敵討巌流嶌
- In discrete condizioni, vedi descrizione
- 245×362×0 mm