Original woodblock print illustrated book - Published by Unsodo - Haruna Shigeharu 春名繁春 (1847-1913) - "Kachō gashū" 花鳥畵集 (Collection of Pictures of Flowers and Birds) - Japan - 1903 (Meiji 36)
A collection of birds, flowers, insects and mammals depicted by Haruna Shigeharu in a naturalistic style, typical of around 1900.
"Kachō gashū" 花鳥畵集 (Collection of Pictures of Flowers and Birds).
Illustrator: Haruna Shigeharu (Kinzan) 春名繁春 (1847-1913).
Publisher: Yamada Unsodo 山田芸艸堂.
Year of issue: 1903 (Meiji 36).
29 folded pages, with 56 multicoloured woodcuts.
This edition has 4 extra woodcuts compared to the Reader copy, please see link. An extra page with two rabbits, one with two fish and two with butterflies.
Size: 25 x 18.2 cm (ōban).
Cover with minor signs of wear and small ink stains. Binding thread is partially loose. Front flyleaf with a small tear and the back flyleaf is no longer attached to the cover. First woodcut with an ink stain and a page with light folds. Other than that the book is in good condition.
The lot will be packaged with care and shipped insured with a Track & Trace code.
For a description of 52 of the 56 images, please see:
- Libro illustrato originale di stampa a blocchi di legno - Pubblicato da Unsodo
- Stampa a blocchi di legno policroma Nishiki-e (broccato)
- Carta, Inchiostro
- 1903 (Meiji 36)
- Regione/ Paese d'origine
- Haruna Shigeharu 春名繁春 (1847-1913)
- Kacho ga, fiori, uccelli, insetti, mammiferi
- Titolo dell'opera
- "Kachō gashū" 花鳥畵集 (Collection of Pictures of Flowers and Birds)
- In buone condizioni, vedi descrizione
- 25×18.2×1.5 cm