Rare! Tokaido: Hiroshige Ga Gojusantsugi Genj Oshashin Taisho (the fifty-three stages) - Paper - "The Fifty-three Stations of the Tokaido with Pictures by Hiroshige" (with early photographs) - Japan - 1918 (Taisho 7)
Rare book with copies of the Hiroshige's woodblock prints of the Fifty-three Tokaido Stations and photographs taken about 80 years later, in the 1910s, of each of the stations shown on the opposite pages.
The reproductions of black and white photographs (shashin) are "collotypes".
Colour prints are printed on thicker matte finish paper.
Illustrated with 56 colour prints, including a portrait of Hiroshige, 56 b/w photographic reproductions and 1 map, and additional pages of text in Japanese.
English text at the top of each photo to identify the site and its historical significance. More extensive text, in Japanese, in the outer margin of each photograph. Includes selections from Ikku Jippensha's Japanese novel, "Tokaidochu Hizakurige".
- Landscape format.
- Cover covered with blue fabric stamped with golden writings.
- 30 x 22 cm
*Second-hand, with small damages.
Well-protected shipping via Colissimo.
The item can also be collected on site.
- Raro! Tokaido: Hiroshige Ga Gojusantsugi Genj Oshashin Taisho (le cinquantatre tappe)
- 1918 (Taisho 7)
- Regione/ Paese d'origine
- Akioshi, Zentaro et Hiroshige
- Titolo dell'opera
- "The Fifty-three Stations of the Tokaido with Pictures by Hiroshige" (with early photographs)
- In discrete condizioni, vedi descrizione
- 30×22×0 cm