Rare medal - Accension to the throne of Milan Obrenovich IV 1872
The medal was commissioned by the Serbian National Theatre to commemorate the ascension of Prince Milan IV Obrenović to the Serbian throne and was the first medal to be commissioned by an institution, rather than the ruler or government, though it was followed by many others.
Prince Milan IV Obrenović was born in 1854 in exile, returning to Serbia in 1858 and becoming Prince in 1868 under a Regency as he was a minor. In 1872, aged just 18, he declared himself of age, an act commemorated by this medal, and from 1882, when Serbia became a kingdom, he reigned as King Milan I until his sudden and unexpected abdication in 1889.
- diameter: 37 mm
- weight: 22.4 grams
- in very good condition ( see photos for better impression as they are part of description )
- Shipping by Post: registered with tracking, will be sent in a cardboard box or an anti-shock bubble envelope.
*In this period, please allow ca. 15 working days transit time for the package to arrive, after is released by customs*
• If there is a problem, feel free to contact me before leaving feedback.
- Paese d’origine
- Reparto dell’esercito
- Il principe Milan Obrenovic IV Accesion
- Anno di fabbricazione
- Ottime condizioni
- Originale / Replica
- Viene fornito con certificato di autenticità.