Original woodblock print triptych - Utagawa Yoshiiku (1833-1904) - "Genpei seisuiki Izu no zu Yamagi gassen" 源平盛衰記伊豆ノ図山木合戦 (The Battle of Yamagi in Izu From the Chronicles of The Rise and Fall of the Minamoto and Taira in the Genpei War) - Japan - 1859 (Ansei 6), 3rd month
Utagawa Yoshiku is namedIkkei sai "一恵斎" in his signature.
This Ukiyo-e has holes and folds
Also, since it is old, it has dirt.
Born the son of teahouse proprietor Asakusa Tamichi in 1833, Yoshiiku became a student of ukiyo-e artist Utagawa Kuniyoshi toward the end of the 1840s. His earliest known work dates to 1852 when he provided the backgrounds to some actor prints by his master.
Tsukioka Yoshitoshi is a brother apprentice. At that time he was as popular as Yoshitoshi, and was involved in publishing newspapers as a painter.
See Mt Fuji and Princess Kaguya Museum: https://museum.city.fuji.shizuoka.jp/collection/art/detail/1267
- Trittico originale con stampa xilografica
- Stampa a blocchi di legno policroma Nishiki-e (broccato)
- 1859 (Ansei 6), 3 ° mese
- Regione/ Paese d'origine
- Utagawa Yoshiiku (1833-1904)
- Titolo dell'opera
- "The Battle of Yamagi in Izu From the Chronicles of The Rise and Fall of the Minamoto and Taira"
- In condizioni ragionevoli, vedi descrizione
- 36.2×72.6×0 cm