A Group of Seven Old Chinese Chops or Seals
1. Old Man Leaning on Staff Chinese Chop - 11.5cm x 4cm x 4cm
2. Old Man Wrestling Donkey Chinese Chop - 10cm x 3cm x 3cm
These two chops were Purchased in markets, old stores and quaint stores in mainland China and Hong Kong over 30 years ago.
3. Chop Adorned with a Goat. - 8cm x 5cm x 2.75cm
4. Chop Adorned with an Oxen - 8cm x 5cm x 2.75cm
5. Chop Adorned with a Fiery Dragon - 8cm x 5cm x 2.75cm
6. Chop Adorned with a Cockerel. - 8cm x 5cm x 2.75cm
7. Chop Adorned with a Tiger. - 8cm x 5cm x 2.75cm
These 5 pieces were recently acquired from the famous Heiwajima Antiques Fair in Tokyo. The Fair is a popular indoor market that’s held five times a year, for a period of three days. Close to 300 professional antique vendors from all over Japan come to sell their wares, which comprise a wide range of Japanese antiques. In addition to netsuke, porcelain items and the other usual suspects, you might find old kimono, statues,
The Chinese Chop Art (or seal carving) is one of the traditional four arts, i.e., Chinese painting, calligraphy, poetry and seal carving. A personal chop in red color is an integrated part of a Chinese artwork of painting or calligraphy, which is not only the signature of the artist on the artwork, but also an essential touch to liven it up.
- Un gruppo di sette vecchie costolette cinesi o guarnizioni
- 20 ° secolo
- Regione/paese d'origine
- In buone condizioni, vedi descrizione
- 11.5×4×4 cm