Original woodblock print triptych - Utagawa Kuniyoshi (1797-1861) - "Minamoto Yorimitsu [Raikô] kô no yakata ni tsuchigumo yôkai o nasu zu" 源頼光公館土蜘作妖怪図 (The Earth Spider Generates Monsters at the Mansion of Lord Minamoto Yorimitsu) - Japan - 1843 (Tenpô 14)
Signature: 'Ichiyusai Kuniyoshi ga' (on left sheet only) 一勇斎国芳画
Utagawa Kuniyoshi was one of the last great masters of the Japanese ukiyo-e style of woodblock prints and painting. He was a member of the Utagawa school.
The range of Kuniyoshi's subjects included many genres: landscapes, beautiful women, Kabuki actors, cats, and mythical animals. He is known for depictions of the battles of legendary samurai heroes. His artwork incorporated aspects of Western representation in landscape painting and caricature.
As it is an old ukiyo-e, it has holes.
See Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/495519
and Harvard Art Museums: https://www.harvardartmuseums.org/art/77250
- Trittico originale con stampa xilografica
- Stampa a blocchi di legno policroma Nishiki-e (broccato)
- 1843 (Tenpô 14)
- Regione/ Paese d'origine
- Utagawa Kuniyoshi (1797-1861)
- Titolo dell'opera
- "The Earth Spider Generates Monsters at the Mansion of Lord Minamoto Yorimitsu" 源頼光公館土蜘作妖怪図
- In condizioni ragionevoli, vedi descrizione
- 380×267×0 mm